Friday, September 11, 2015

Mothers, Fathers and Caregivers on Cellphones

OK, this is a controversial statement and for that I apologize in advance!
While I feel this issue primarily applies to younger women it does apply to some men as well.
This is an observation "Mine" and while not indicative of all women.

Over the last number of years I have noticed that women have adapted to the
cellphone technology quite well. So much so that they continue to text and drive.
I drive a larger model pickup truck so I can see into the cars and see the texting etc.

But as bad as that issue is, that not my beef here !!!

Over the last 15 years I have traveled many parts of the US and Canada and it applies to both countries.

What I am seeing is women walking their kid's with the cellphone in one hand trying to push the stroller as well as trying to hold the hand of a second child.
Taking the kids to the Park then taking on the cellphone the entire time.
Grocery shopping with a kid or two in the shopping cart and trying to talk on the cellphone.
Going through the cash trying to pay credit or debit while talking on the cellphone the entire time totaling ignoring the cashier.

I understand the addiction to cellular technology as I love it as well but come on.



People spend the time with your children and not on your phone as they grow up so fast.
If you want to understand where I'm coming from you only have to listen to
the song by Jim Croce " Cats in the cradle". While the song is about a dad who did not
have time for his son when he was a youth, this applies to you moms with cellphones as well.















My observation is supported by some posts below.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2008/08/too_much_cell_phone_use_by_adu.html

http://www.medicaldaily.com/cell-phones-are-distracting-too-many-parents-disrupting-communication-kids-270937

No comments:

Post a Comment