Friday, August 12, 2011

Change the next generation ... Riots in London !!!! Flash mobs in Philadelphia ....



I think the time has come for my kid's generation ( in their 20's) to rethink what the last two generations have proven to be wrong.  Time Outs !!  and negotiating with children does not work.

  Kid's don't respect their elders nor themselves anymore. They have a total sense of entitlement and a right to do what ever they want.

 Bring back the wooden spoon and the belt or as they say corporal punishment.

   People know what child abuse is...   a belt on the hands or ass is "Not" child abuse.  A smack in the head or a punch in the body is....

  My parents raised me with corporal punishment and "never" remember getting it when I did not deserve it.  I am glad I got it because I have good moral and strong abilities and  I'll tell you I deserved it. I was the definition of a hell child as my friends can attest.

  I raised two children who are strong, kind, educated and independent. Neither of whom would be on those streets in London as a rioter.
  But both know what a wooden spoon (plastic made in China now ! ) and a belt is.  My daughter never got the belt but was good friends with the wooden spoon, my son talked to the belt a few times.

  Do "NOT" just use corporal punishment. It is meant as a last resort when you give them three warnings ...   number four is time.

  The time has come to make the changes and let parents raise their kids and not expect society  or teachers to do it.

It time for parents to be parents and not friends.  Become friends when they start post secondary education.  They will appreciate it and so will society.

What I think !
Bill 







No comments:

Post a Comment